Annual Conference 2018 - Volunteer
Interested in helping?
The York River District is hosting the 2018 Virginia Annual Conference. The event will be Friday, June 15 – Sunday, June 17, 2018 at the Hampton Roads Convention Center. In order to make this event a success, we need your help. We need volunteers to assist in different areas at different times.
Below is a list of the areas with a brief description of the responsibilities.
- Ushers & Greeters– assist with literature distribution, door monitoring, and receiving offering and assist with directing communion ‘traffic’.
- Registration Desk / Help Desk – receive delegates’ registration cards, hand out information packages
- Hospitality/Greeters – provide information at the door, parking lot directors as needed
- Kit Collectors – receive, count, document and load thousands of Kits for Conference. Requires physical labor outside.
- Platform / Worship Helpers – works with the Platform Coordinator to help rearrange/setup the stage for each sessions. This is done between sessions.
- Conference Set-up / Pack-up – prior to Annual Conference starting (times on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday), items in the container need to be unpacked and assembled. After completion of Conference (Sunday 12-4PM), these items will need to be disassembled and repacked for next year. (To help with set-up and pack-up, a cordless drill with phillips/hex bits are needed)
Click here to register.
|Event Date||06-15-2018 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-17-2018 12:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||05-09-2018|
|Cut off date||06-15-2018|